There is no better place for students to get closer to nature than at Safari Niagara. There are many benefits to booking your class’s next field trip to 150 acres of outdoor learning and adventure. Safari Niagara is an outdoor classroom like no other, and is suitable for students of all ages and abilities.
Each year thousands of students visit Safari Niagara. On some days there are as many as 1,500 students exploring the park. Classes come by the busload from as close as Niagara Falls and Grimsby to as far away as Oshawa, Brampton and Hamilton.
According to Safari Niagara staffer, Jennie DiMarco, about 70 per cent of schools that visit Safari Niagara come year after year. She attributes the repeat visits to a high level of customer service, including a grade-specific curriculum that students engage in before, during and after their visit.
“Our curriculum is an effective tool that helps the teachers and the students prepare for a fun day of learning while also enhancing their actual visit,” said Ms DiMarco. “Then the kids return to the classroom for follow-up of the entire experience,” said Ms DiMarco.
As well, Safari Niagara staff are at the ready for the arrival of several hundred visitors and have streamlined the admissions process to a hassle-free experience for everyone, especially the teachers, Ms DiMarco said. “It’s a relatively painless process.”
Throughout the season, May to October, many community and private day camps take advantage of the school program over the summer months.
A school day at Safari Niagara includes:
- Customized, professionally developed curriculum package provided upon booking
- More than 1000 exotic & domestic animal, bird and reptile species on display throughout the park
- Gator Express tram ride, interactive, educational shows and guided tours
- Fully stocked pond for catch and release fishing program
Paddle boat pond and kite flying area
Designated picnic reserved for your group
FREE parking and EASY access
How to register for a Class Visit:
- Book at least two (2) weeks in advance of your planned school visit
- Call our group booking specialist at 905-382-9669 ext.254 or email us
We need to know:
- The date of your visit
- Your name
- The name of your school
The school address
- The school phone number
- Your estimated time of arrival
- The grade level of your class
The number of students and supervisors
*Supervision Required: one supervisor per 10 students